Outstanding Yorkshire Puddings
As Batter Week features for the first time on Great British Bake Off, Yorkshireman and Grassington House Chef gives his recipe and top tips to making outstanding Yorkshire Puddings.
- Make sure your oven is very hot, around 196 degrees
- Heat your baking trays with half a centimetre of vegetable oil in them
- Use strong flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint of liquid - half milk half water
- 10 oz strong flour
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Blend in a processor or with a stick blender to get a really smooth consistency.
Pour into the tins so they are two thirds full.
Bake for 16 minutes at 196 deg.
Simple yet delicious. Serve with some nice thick gravy as a starter, or to accompany a warming Sunday roast.